Fixed Term Contract: Until mid-December
Hours: 21 hours per week (some occasional out of hours work will be necessary)
Salary: £21,000 pro rata
Location: Home based with occasional travel to meetings in the South East
Closing date: 12 noon 15 July 2022
Interview date: w/c 18 July 2022
Action Medical Research is the leading UK-wide charity dedicated to funding vital research to help sick babies and children and we are on a mission to save and change children’s lives through medical research, developing treatments, vaccinations and cures. A UK-wide charity, we’ve been funding medical breakthroughs for 70 years, helping to beat polio, fight meningitis, prevent stillbirths and develop ultrasound scanning in pregnancy. Our work is now needed more than ever, including in the battle against COVID-19.
About the role
To help achieve this, we are seeking to recruit a Fundraising Support Officer. The Fundraising Support Officer’s main responsibility will be to provide day-to-day administrative support to the fundraising team. You will help support the Special Events and Community teams to deliver their fundraising strategy through a variety of activities including gala functions, community and relationship events and volunteer-led activity. The role will be hands-on within a busy team working across special events and community.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent Office based administrative experience in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills, with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workloads arriving from various project leaders.
- Strong customer service experience and ideally some experience of supporting the organisation of events.
- Experience of maintaining electronic and paper administrative and information systems.
- Fully conversant with all standard IT packages - MS Office (Advanced Excel) and other database systems to deliver tasks and projects.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/NXT (or similar CRM database) and prospect research tools.
- Understanding of digital technology.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Clean UK driving licence.
To find out more about the post please download the full job description. Applications by CV with a supporting statement showing how you meet the skills and experience in the person specification. These should be sent to Bridie Sheridan email@example.com by 12 noon on 15 July 2022 but you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as shortlisting for interviews will take place as candidates apply. If you have not heard from us by 22 July, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for an interview.
Benefits include 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff), additional closure days between Christmas and New Year and a Group Flexible Retirement Plan.