ANTHONY'S EVERESTING CHALLENGE STATS
According to Everesting.cc;
“The concept of Everesting is fiendishly simple: Pick any hill, anywhere in the world and complete repeats of it in a single activity until you climb 8,848m – the equivalent height of Mt Everest.”
- Official time: 20 hours 57 minutes
- Route: Le Chable to the ski resort of Verbier
- Number of ascents: 13 and a half
- Distance: 249km
- Bike ridden: Lapierre 600 (Valais Special Edition) - with a 34 rear cassette!!
- Crew: 22 Volunteers (Base Camp & Sherpas)
- Calories burned: 9,500 according to Strava… but likely more!!
- Fun fact: The route was the final climb of the 2009 Tour de France Stage won be Alberto Contador. He climbed it in 24 minutes as opposed to my 55 minutes!