Garmin Ride In & Ride Out Event
7 October – 8 October 2021
These terms and conditions apply to the GARMIN RIDE events, and by taking part in the event, you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the requirements set out below.
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the GARMIN RIDEs on 7 or 8 October (the “Event”), I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns and heirs, acknowledge and agree that:
1. Participation in or attendance at the Event involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury and property loss or damage. I have considered the nature and extent of the risks involved and I voluntarily choose to assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even those risks that result from the negligence of the Released Parties (defined below) or others, whether or not negligence has been proven, and assume full responsibility for my participation in the Event. I consent to treatment in the event of an emergency or other incident in which, in the reasonable judgment of the on-site personnel, I require medical care.
2. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, estate, insurers, successors and assigns, hereby waive, release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Garmin, its parent company and affiliated companies, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives, and the successors, assigns, and insurers of such entities, (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims or causes of action I may have for damages for personal or bodily injury, disability, death, loss or damage to person or property, or any other types of damages arising from or relating to my participation in or attendance at the Event, whether arising from the negligence of any or all of the Released Parties or otherwise, whether or not negligence has been proven, to the fullest extent permitted by law. This release and indemnity shall survive my participation in and attendance at the Event.
3. I understand that the Event may be photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded, and I agree that Garmin may use my name and likeness in photographs, videotapes, audiotapes, and other media, without any additional consideration to me or to any third party.
4. I certify that I am in good physical health and have no physical condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, other illness, or history of chronic respiratory or circulatory ailments, including heart disease or blockage, which would prevent or jeopardise my safe participation in the Event or place me at risk of further injury, illness or death during my participation.
By agreeing to these event terms and conditions online, I acknowledge that I have read this legal document in its entirety, fully understand and agree with its contents, and fully accept all terms, conditions and provisions. I agree to this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement or coercion.
5. The Ride In is organised by Garmin and the Ride Out is organised by Action Medical Research.
6. If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult.
7. Participants pay a registration fee up front (dependant on event) to secure a place on the GARMIN RIDE OUT 2021 event which is organised by Action Medical Research, with the option of fundraising if you wish to support the charity further.
8. Participants in the event must be satisfied that there is nothing in their medical condition which could mean that there is danger in taking part. Action Medical Research does not accept any liability for personal injury, accident, damage, loss or public liability unless it is as a result of the negligence of Action Medical Research or of its agents or employees. Action Medical Research advises participants to have a medical check-up before participating in the event and to abide by any advice that might be given as a result of such check-up.
9. Action Medical Research reserves the right to use any photography or videos taken of participants on behalf of the charity to raise awareness of and/or funds for Action Medical Research. Video content can also be used by approved 3rd parties.
10. The names of all riders participating in an Action Medical Research event may be publicised on the web page for the event you are taking part in. No other personal information will appear. Please contact us if you do not wish your name to be publicised.
12. Cycles and associated equipment are the responsibility of the participant. Action Medical Research strongly recommend ensuring that your property is not left unattended without the use of the appropriate theft prevention methods. For advice on cycle security and choosing insurance approved locks visit British Cycling.
13. Personal possessions are the responsibility of the participant and should not be left unattended at the event.
14. Action Medical Research will retain your contact information for the purposes of servicing this event. We will only contact you about future events if you consent to ongoing marketing updates.
15. Action Medical Research use Active Network: Activity and Participant Management Software to process your online event registration.
16. Action Medical Research reserves the right to charge a nominal administration fee for changes to your event booking. Changes that could incur charges include: amendments to route distances within an event and transfers from one participant name to another. Please talk to a member of the Action events team if you have any queries related to these charges.
17. If fundraising for the event, I (the participant) agree to:
- Raise the sponsorship money using legal methods and comply with the advice given in the Charity’s communications.
- Keep accurate records of fundraising activities and show these to the Charity on request.
- Comply with all guidelines concerning use of the Charity logo and any other promotional materials/tools.
- Do nothing that will bring the name or logo of the Charity into disrepute.
- Not use the Charity name or logo for any purpose without written permission after the termination date of this agreement 4 weeks after the event has taken place.
- Make it clear that I am not an employee or agent of the Charity.
- Inform all potential donors and sponsors that:
- a) all donations are for Action Medical Research (a registered charity);
- b) donations and registration fees will not be refundable to me, even if I do not participate in, or complete, the event. Money will only be refunded directly to the donor upon written request if I do not take part in the event.
- c) all cash and cheques (made payable to Action Medical Research) should be sent to me and not to the Charity.
- d) pay all cash and cheques received into the Action Medical Research bank account and not into my own account at the earliest opportunity but in any event no later than 28 days after receipt.
GARMIN RIDE OUT 8 October –
18. Participants must wear a cycling helmet to take part.
19. The wearing of headphones is not permitted during the event.
20. Participants must ensure that their bike is in a roadworthy condition for the challenge.
GARMIN RIDE IN 7 October –
21. GARMIN RIDE IN is a virtual fundraising event open to UK residents aged 16 or over. Anyone under the age of 18 is permitted to take part with a parent or guardian.
22. There is no registration fee to enter the GARMIN RIDE IN but all participants are encouraged to make a donation to Action Medical Research.
23. Action Medical Research and Garmin do not take responsibility for any health issues during your training for the event or any incidents that occur during the event dates. If you have any health concerns prior to, or during, your training or the event please consult with your doctor.
24. All participants enter the event at their own risk. Action Medical Research and Garmin are, therefore, under no liability in contract, negligence, or otherwise for any matter occurring during the event period.
Terms and conditions correct as at August 2021
Rally Power Pedal Competition
- Entry to the competition is restricted to one donation per person who has registered for the Garmin Ride Out event.
- Multiple entries, automated entries and third party entries will be disqualified.
- Entrants must be 16 years or over.
- The competition is open to UK residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Action Medical Research.
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winner(s) will be contacted via email.
- Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
- There is no cash alternative to prizes.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from August 2021 until 30 September 2021.
- Action Medical Research will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.