PERFECT FOR GROUPS!
Action Medical Research’s Bring your Bear is a simple and fun event that everyone can take part in.
Our mascot Paddington Bear™ would like you to pick a day and get everyone together with their favourite teddy bear. Whether you’re a school, nursery, childminder or a Scouts or Brownies group – everyone can join in!
Teach children to help others by taking part and raising money to fund life-changing research to improve the lives of sick babies and children.
Register today and we’ll send you a free fundraising pack including Paddington Bear™ stickers, a poster and a guide to making the most out of your day. Plus online we’ve got tons of bear-related activity sheets making the day both fun and educational.
By taking part in Bring your Bear children have a chance to help other children giving them a great sense of achievement. To help you raise as much as possible take advantage of our online resources to make a whole day of fundraising fun!
Where your money goes
The money you raise will help thousands of sick babies and children in the UK who are suffering from a whole range of illnesses, from conditions like epilepsy, asthma, cerebral palsy to rare incurable diseases. Take a look at the pioneering research we fund thanks to your help.
Activities For Children
- Paddington Mask
- Colour in Paddington and his Sandwich
- Colour in Paddington and his Suitcase
- Paddington Bookmark
- Wordsearch - find some Paddington Bear related words
- Spot the difference - Paddington is enjoying afternoon tea, can you spot the differences?
- Spot the difference - Paddington enjoyed his movie night - make it extra special by colouring in and spotting the eight differences
- Paddington maze - help Paddington get from the Jungle of Peru to London
Ask your children to:
- describe, draw or write the story of how their bear came to school and share with their classmates
- count how many bears are in the class
- place the bears in order of size
- describe the room at home where their bear lives and where bears live normally
- add and subtract bears from a group
- design an invitation to the teddy bears’ picnic
- make a passport for their bear
- take part in a problem-solving game: what does Paddington need for a trip to Peru? And what would he need for a trip to Scotland? Or Spain?
- Where does Paddington come from? Where is Peru?
- Why is it important to help others?
- Read ‘A Bear Called Paddington’ to the children
- Hold a teddy bears’ picnic
- Invite parents to come along with their bears
If you require further help please do give us a ring on 01403 327444 or email email@example.com
WAYS TO PAY IN THE MONEY YOU RAISE
Once you’ve held your day all you need to do is pay your money in, choose an option below.
- By telephone - Call us on 01403 210406 to pay by credit or debit card.
- In-person - Call us on 01403 210406 to request a paying-in slip and pay your donation into any NatWest bank.
- By post - Send a cheque or postal order made payable to Action Medical Research, write your school or nursery name and address on the back and send to Action Medical Research, Freepost Plus RTHL-YSBK-YUEH, Vincent House, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 2DP.